- ITmedia Inc. decides whether or not to post advertisements (including decisions about whether to suspend currently posted advertisements), by making judgments based on the advertising criteria of our company.
- The advertiser shall be solely responsible for the content of the advertisement and the websites linked to it.
- When multiple advertisements are posted on the same page, we will not make adjustments to accommodate would-be competitions’ advertisements in the same industry. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
１．Basic publication criteria
(1) We do not post advertisements that contain expressions and content that could damage the credibility and integrity of our company or of the websites that we operate.
(2) We do not post advertisements that include expressions and content that violate laws and ordinances, government ordinances, ministerial ordinances, rules and regulations, treaties, industry regulations, etc.
(3) We do not post advertisements that include expressions and content that contain fabrications or exaggerations, or that could result in mistaken identification or mistakes.
(4) We do not post advertisements that contain offensive expressions and content, including the following:
- Expressions and content that could infringe on human rights;
- Expressions and content that constitute defamation, infringement of privacy, cause credit damage, are libelous, or that could otherwise cause business interference;
- Expressions and content that contain unscientific or superstitious, information that could mislead consumers or cause anxiety;
- Expressions and content whose purpose is missionary activities through the propagation of religious beliefs;
- Expressions and content that affirm and glorify criminal acts such as violence, gambling, drugs, and prostitution;
- Expressions and content that convey hate speeches, cruelty, gruesomeness, or that otherwise cause discomfort;
- Expressions and content that is sexually explicit, obscene, or that could constitute sexual harassment;
- Expressions and content that could disturb social morals or trigger crimes;
- Expressions and content that could significantly entice people to engage in acts of gambling and speculation.
(5) We do not post advertisements that contain expressions and content that could confuse consumers.
(6) We do not post advertisements containing expressions and content that could be using the names images, photographs, speeches, trademarks, or copyrights of organizations or individuals without permission, or that could otherwise infringe on said entities rights.
(7) We do not post advertisements where, as regards the content of an advertisement and any website to which it is linked, the operator is unknown, or where the location of responsibility for an advertisement is not clear.
(8) In addition, we do not post advertisements that contain expressions or content that we judge to be inappropriate.
(9) We do not post advertisements for personal sites.
２．Suspension of advertisements
(1) ITmedia may suspend an advertisement if any of the following events occur after it is posted. In addition, ITmedia is not held accountable to advertisers
for the suspension of advertisements carried out based on the following items:
- The website linked by an advertisement is a dead link for some reasons that are not attributing to ITmedia;
- A malfunction occurs, such as when the website linked to an advertisement is infected by a virus;
- ITmedia judges that continuing the publication of an advertisement could result in damage to a third party or to ITmedia, or could damage the credibility of a third party or of ITmedia;
- ITmedia judges after an advertisement is posted that the content of the advertisement violates the company’s advertising criteria due to changes in laws and ordinances, industry regulations, or other such rules;
- ITmedia judges that an advertisement violates the company’s advertising criteria.
(2) Based on the aforementioned paragraph (1), the advertiser shall not be exempt from the requirement of paying advertising fees incurred during the period of suspension.
３．Discontinuation of advertisements
(1) ITmedia may discontinue an advertisement if any of the following events occur after the advertisement is posted:
- The ad distribution server or ad distribution system breaks down or becomes inoperable due to emergency situations such as a fire, blackout, natural disaster, war, or other inevitable reasons such as excessive Internet traffic;
- The execution of periodic or emergency maintenance or inspection of the ad distribution server or ad distribution system is performed;
- The ad distribution server or ad distribution system fails due to reasons for which ITmedia cannot be held responsible, such as hacking, cracking, or unauthorized access by a third party;
- ITmedia judges that the ad distribution server or ad distribution system requires a temporary interruption.
(2) When an interruption based on the aforementioned items makes it impossible to post an advertisement according to the advertiser’s application conditions or where it is not possible to direct traffic to a website linked to an advertisement,
ITmedia’s responsibility in situations where the conditions cannot be fulfilled shall be limited to the responsibility of recovering from the event, where this is possible. Also, unless it is clear that an event has occurred due to ITmedia’s intentional or gross negligence, ITmedia shall not bear any responsibility to the advertiser for any damages resulting from the event.