Toshiki Otsuki (President and CEO)
ITmedia Inc. (hereinafter, ITmedia) recognizes that personal information handled in the online media business is an important asset of those individuals, and hence stipulate the following basic policies for handling such personal information.
- When acquiring personal information, as much as possible, ITmedia shall appropriately acquire the information by specifying the usage purposes of such information and ITmedia shall only use or share the information for the purposes specified in advance and shall not use or share the information for any other purposes.
- ITmedia shall handle the personal information in compliance with laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information, as well as other guidelines on the same.
- ITmedia shall implement necessary and appropriate safety measures to prevent as well as rectify the problems such as unauthorized access to personal information, loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of the personal information.
- ITmedia shall set up a Complaints and Consultation Inquiries Desk for resolving inquiries, complaints, and consultations regarding handling and disclosure of personal information and the like and shall respond appropriately to the same via this desk.
- ITmedia shall review the management system in a timely and appropriate manner in response to changes in the environment surrounding ITmedia and shall promote continuous improvement.
Enacted on: October 1, 2005
Last revised on: August 23, 2018
ITmedia has obtained Privacy Mark certification from Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC).
* Go to http://privacymark.jp/ for more details on the privacy mark system.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Name of the Company, and job title, department, and contact number of personal information protection manager
Personal Information Protection Manager and General Manager ITmedia Inc.
Click here for inquiries on personal information.
2. Usage purpose of personal information
ITmedia shall handle the personal information received through our business activities to the necessary extent for the purposes listed below.
(1) Usage purposes of personal information that is subject to disclosure
|Personal Information Type||Utilization purpose|
|Members information, Readers information, Responses to questionnaire||Refer to Usage purposes of specific personal information|
|Customer information||For communication with regards to transactions, shipping invoices, and other administrative procedures|
|Contact information||To respond to inquiries, and to send information on services provided by ITmedia Inc. by e-mail etc.|
|Applicants information||For communication with regards to recruitment and selection process|
|Employee information||For personnel management, etc. (some operations may be outsourced.)|
(2) Usage purposes of personal information acquired by methods other than directly from customers in writing
ITmedia shall only use any personal information acquired based on the entrusted affairs for the execution of same.
3. Disclosure of personal information, complaints, and consultations
For enquiries and complaints regarding the handling and disclosure of personal information by ITmedia, please contact the corresponding contact personnel via the following online form. Please refrain from visiting the office for inquiries.
Contact information for various services => here; for other => here.
*As a rule, we do not collect any fees for handling inquiries.
4. Name and contact information for filing complaints to “Authorized personal information protection organization”
Japan Users Association of Information Systems (JUAS)
(2) Contact information for filing complaints
Japan Users Association of Information Systems – Complaints Desk
Address:8F, UNIZO Horidome-cho 2-Chome Building,
2-4-3 Nihonbashi Horidome-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0012, Japan
Contact No.: +81-3-3249-4104
Front Desk timings: 10:00 to 16:00 (no service on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays)
JUAS is a third party organization that handles complaints and grievances. Also, it provides information related to personal information as defined in the Act on Protection of Personal Information.
This organization is not a contact for inquiries for ITmedia’s services.
For further information, please contact:https://www.juas.or.jp/nintei/about/
5. Matters concerning provision of personal information to third party
ITmedia shall not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of people concerned. ITmedia shall provide information to any third party only after specifying the third party organization and the information to be provided, and obtaining the concerned person’s consent. However, in the following cases, the personal information may be provided without the consent of the person concerned.
(1) Cases in which it is required as per the laws and regulations.
(2) Cases in which such information becomes necessary to protect a human life, wellbeing, or assets of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent from the consent of said person.
(3) Cases in which such information becomes particularly necessary to improve public health or promote healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent from the persons.
(4) Cases in which such information becomes necessary for national organizations, local public entities or persons who were entrusted with the works, to cooperate in the execution of their duty according to law, and where.
6. Matters relating to entrusting personal information
ITmedia may outsource some or all of the business of handling personal information.
7. Voluntary provision of personal information
If you do not agree to provide the personal information, you may not be able to use some or all of ITmedia’s services.